The impatient world that we live in has led to the tremendous growth of on-demand services. It involves trained and skilled professionals rendering various services 24×7 at an affordable cost.
The world has witnessed on-demand service platforms flourishing in various industries like transportation, food delivery, education, healthcare, retail, entertainment, beauty and wellness, tourism, ticketing and reservation, e-commerce, fuel delivery, and home services. The global on-demand economy is all set to increase to $335 billion by 2025.
The latest trends observed in on-demand app development
- Automation is increasingly used – in day-to-day business operations to minimize human intervention. This provides a lot of benefits like increased efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and greater traffic from interested customers. Both hybrid and native mobile apps can be automated completely.
- Advanced data analytics is being utilized – to understand the behaviour and mindset of the users better. This helps the ambitious entrepreneur to make the best business decisions and easily grow and develop his/her on-demand platform. It includes data about demographics, frequently-booked services, and efficiency of the marketing campaigns.
- Round-the-clock monitoring of business performance – is available for better control of the operations.
- More interest from professionals – across the globe offering more services and getting a regular source of income.
- Better verification of the background of service providers – to improve overall user safety and ensure a high level of transparency.
- Usage of Artificial Intelligence (AI) – for optimizing search results, offering personalized on-demand services, and introducing more chatbots and virtual assistants.
- Introduction of the Internet of Things (IoT) – for real-time connectivity, quicker communication, and better speed.
- Usage of drones – for automated delivery of food, courier, and groceries to customers.
The different elements present in top-notch on-demand apps are
- Easy registration of the users – by accepting details like email address, phone number, and social media accounts.
- Efficient categorization of services – based on the type, price, ratings, and location.
- Flexible booking of on-demand services – along with easy cancellation options.
- Instant sharing of notifications – about the status of the booked service, the real-time location of the service provider, discounts, and offers.
- Acceptance of numerous payment methods – like debit cards, credit cards, net banking, digital wallets, and cash. This feature facilitates a smooth and timely fund settlement for on-demand service professionals.
- A rating and review system – for the customers to share their feedback about the quality of services and the behavior of the providers on a scale of 1-5.
- Provision of 24×7 technical support – in multiple languages through phone, chat, and email.
Service Provider Panel
- Access to detailed earnings reports – like average income per booking, total bookings completed, and the number of canceled bookings over a period.
- A quick income withdrawal option – for the service providers. They can link their bank account or digital wallet to take away their entire earnings from the on-demand service app.
- Full freedom to either accept or reject the service requests – according to their availability and convenience.
- A route optimization mechanism – which is useful for service professionals to reach the customers’ location quickly. It helps in enhancing overall user satisfaction.
- A review system – to rate the behavior of the customers. This ensures that on-demand services are not provided to troublesome and violent users in the future.
- Flexible modification of the profile information – like name, photo, and work experience.
- Real-time view of all the business operations – for easy distribution of service requests to the available providers.
- Handling customer feedback – by sorting out complaints and grievances regularly.
- Ensuring the timely distribution of payments – to service professionals and refunds for aggrieved users in case of any damage.
- Add new services to the On-demand platform – by hiring more certified service providers from various fields.
- Modify the pricing for different services – according to the business needs.
- Efficient compliance with the guidelines – issued by the regulatory authorities from time to time.
- Ensuring timely payment of various taxes – from the earnings of the on-demand service platform.
The step-by-step development methodology for launching an On-demand app is
- Figuring out the business requirements of the client in advance. It includes the cost structure, operational scope, and the different sources of revenue from the On-demand app.
- Preparing a prototype that includes the basic design and the necessary features.
- Hiring various members for the On-demand app development project. It includes mobile app developers, marketing specialists, finance managers, frontend and backend developers, project controllers, technical support staff, QA testers, and relationship managers.
- Deciding the technical specifications of the On-demand service app and the tools to use in its development. It includes technologies like Java, Python, MongoDB, Node.js, MySQL, Twilio, and SQLite.
- Adding the required features and functionalities such as booking of services, sharing of notifications, promotions, payment processing, and customer support.
- Complying with top-notch data protection and information security standards.
- Integrating the On-demand app with a secure cloud platform.
- The QA testers will extensively test the solution to remove technical bugs and vulnerabilities.
- Instead of going through all these development steps, you can deploy a ready-made multi-services app solution like the Gojek clone app for your business.
- Submitting the final version of the On-demand mobile app to Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
- It will be approved soon and the On-demand service app is officially launched in the market.
- Other services like technical support, bug-fixing, issuing software upgrades, and maintenance is rendered.
What are the factors that influence the cost of On-demand app development?
- The nature of features incorporated in the on-demand apps for both customers and service professionals.
- The skill-levels and experience of the developer team.
- The development duration, which will span from a few weeks to months.
- The number of operational platforms and devices the on-demand app will be deployed.
- The location of the developer team (USA, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East) will determine their hourly rates.
- Extra expenses have to be incurred for maintenance, digital marketing assistance, bug-fixing, and adding new software updates.
With the advancement of technology, the on-demand economy will continue to evolve and sustain itself strongly in the market. We will see the emergence of tailor-made on-demand services completely suiting the users’ tastes and preferences.
Entrepreneurs who want to play a big role in providing on-demand services to customers have to concentrate more on convenience, monetization, and marketing to achieve their goals successfully. There is no better time for launching an on-demand app than now amidst the positive consumer demand.